Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pittsburgh Vintage Mixer & 100th Post!!

2 weeks ago Sunday (yeah, I am slow when it comes to blogging) my mom and I participated in the first ever Pittsburgh Vintage Mixer. It was a great event and I was proud to be a part of it. There were many great vendors and the atmosphere was so fun. There was a DJ, bar and even a hot dog food truck outside! There was a great turn out and I was extremely happy with what I sold. Below are some photos from the event. 
This was our space. I kind of panicked before hand trying to make sure everything would fit but it all turned out alright. Not sure why, but in in most of the pictures the 'W' is missing from my sign!

Some of the items that we had displayed on the floor. Tried to pretty some of it up by using vintage/industrial baskets.

Mom working the booth (her Etsy store is called In Times Past. Mine is Hollie Would Vintage)

The last 3 photos were taken by other sellers/vendors. I got these photos from the Vintage Mixer Facebook page.
The event took place at the New Hazlett Theater which is on the North Side of Pittsburgh. It was a cool venue, which you can tell by the photo! The gorgeous building was built in 1889 as the Carnegie Musical Hall and was dedicated by President Benjamin Harrison.
I really liked this picture of my mom and I (minus the 'W' mysteriously missing again!). Selling vintage is a great thing that she and I share and it is nice to have these memories.
A nice view of the space.

I think it was quite a success for it being the first year. And now I have a better understanding of what people are looking for (the clothes I took sold very well) and will be even more confident selling at a 'show' in the future. Here's hoping for another Vintage Mixer soon! :)

OH! And Happy 100th Post to me!! I really enjoy blogging and sharing my vintage adventures. It is something I am continuing to work on and trying to become better at. I hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoying posting them! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment