Friday, May 4, 2012

Inspiring Illustrations


It has been awhile since I have done an Inspiring Illustration Post! The illustrations in 'My Little Golden Book of Manners' are done by my absolute favorite...Richard Scarry !!! I plan on doing a big post about him sometime soon because he is just the coolest :) but for now I will just share a few pics of his from this sweet Golden Book.

Peggy Parish is the author of the story, which has a copyright of 1962. She is also the author of the Amelia Bedelia books which I just loved as a child. I also love that the first page acknowledges the 3rd Grade at the Dalton School, New York as 'Consultants' on the book :)

The book basically just gives practical advice on manners and the best way to act in different situations.

I think the Alligator and the Lion are my favorites! Just look how sweet he can make even the most ferocious animals look!


A giraffe in a sailor's suit!? Yes, Please!! ;)  Someday when I have children I think I will hang some of these illustrations in their rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment