Monday, June 4, 2012

This Weekend's Treasures

This weekend's thrifting adventures turned out to be pretty major! It was just one of those weekends that ended up holding a lot of great finds for my mom and I. LOVE those kinds of weekends :) I pretty much had a trunk and backseat full of great treasures but only have a few pictures for now.
That is my sweet little neice sitting on a Eames style shell chair that I found. Great turquoise color! Sadly, it isn't the real deal but for $3 I couldn't pass it up. It is in great condition and I have the perfect little corner to put it in.
These brass stools are my most exciting purchases of the weekend. They are just gorgeous works of art. The woman I bought them from said they are foot (or bum!) warming stools from the Middle East (most likely Lebanon or Syria ). They would be taken out into the desert and on cold nights they would fill them with embers (one of the legs comes off and the stool is hollow with decorative venting) and place their feet on top to warm up. I am not sure I can part with both yet but I did already put the one on the left in my Etsy Shop. Click here to check it out and see more pictures. It is a really cool piece!
And last but not least is this great little number! A bright pink dress from the late 70s/early 80s with an awesome dotted pattern. The colors and style couldn't be more perfect. I actually bought quite a few lovely vintage dresses and sweaters this weekend but only got this one's picture for now.
I can only hope to have another great thrifting weekend as good as this in the coming weeks. Sometimes (as I am sure many of you know) there are just weeks without finding much exciting...but then you get a weekend like this that reminds you why you keep getting up so early on Saturdays ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment